Monday, June 20, 2011

Capital : Kiev

Kiev, capital of the the Ukraine.Where 50% of the people speak Russian and the other 50% speak Ukrainian.Zhenya ,my friend from Kharkov had arranged for me to stay with a friend of hers.( I'm terrible.I forgot her name and I lost her contact as well because her name and email went missing after my notebook and bag was stolen in Malaysia after my trip to the Ukraine ).Let's call her A.A works for a french company and leads an active life ice skating and horse back riding.Her sister is a really attractive model.A is another Ukrainian who lived life to the fullest and is always busy experiencing the best things in life.

It was nice to finally be in a home again,,wash and get some clean clothes.The Chernobyl museum ,Lavra monastry ,Famine museum were some of the highlights including the many churches in the city.The museums here are amazing.They moved me to tears.The pain and tortured suffered by the Ukrainians.

I was shopping around for books on Tymoshenko in english.But apparently the bookshops in Kiev did not stock up on books on Tymoshenko in english.It was a good thing that i didn't buy any books anyway.The weight of my backpack was killing me.

Unfortunately for me, on my 2nd last day in Ukraine, and Kiev, I received some really bad news that I had to return back to Singapore to get my next visa to Russia done,instead of getting it done in Istanbul, my next stop.

Kiev is an amazing city and the people I met here are similarly really cool.It was a great way to sum up my trip in the Ukraine.Insane ,exhausting and totally enriching.And I only have fantastic stories to tell the world and and inspire the people around me to head to the Ukraine for that interesting experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment