Monday, June 20, 2011

Carpathians : Chernitvsi

Chernitvsi surprised me.I never expected a Ukrainian city to look so european.The streets were cobbled and the buildings were victorian styled.

I was staying with a host I met over couchsurfing,Luba.After getting changed,I was happy to finally be somewhere homely and meeting people again!Her passion for photography was evident.She was more comfortable speaking in Russian and we had a pleasent conversation about our lifes.There are not many couchsurfing hosts in Chernitvsi and Luba was really kind to let couchsurfers stay with her.

That night, i met another couchsurfer at her place.
wait a minute...i saw this guy running for the bus half an hour ago in the city in the middle of the night!He got onto the bus to Luba's place.I didn't run fast enough , so i had to wait 20minutes for the next bus.He is from France and did an internship in Romania.

Chernitvsi is a city you can check out in just one day.But it is a great place to start from to check out other interesting cities nearby.Like Kolomyya and Kamyanet Polidsky.

I swear that I didn't see a single asian person here.Perhaps asians only study in the russian speaking cities in the Ukraine.


No comments:

Post a Comment