Monday, June 20, 2011

West Ukraine :Lvov

1 day in Lvov and it was raining the whole day.I was stuck at Macdonalds with a guidebook and a camera.I've been told of a cool bar in Lvov where you can enter if you know the password and you'll have an amazing experience inside.But in the rain , it was difficult to locate anything.

Running from shelter to shelter,cold and tired,looking for internet cafes and bookstores.The day trip to Lvov turned out to be a sad one.Filled with plenty of food to drown my sorrows.Thanks to the rain.

The roads were a little more difficult to navigate around in because unlike most cities in Russia and Ukraine, the roads were curvy and you can get easily lost wandering around.But you spring into the more interesting sights when you lose your bearings.

I was determined to see the castle at the top of the hill , in a bid to save my trip to Lvov.It turned out that this замок was a little building where weddings were held.Or perhaps I didn't hike up enough to see the actual castle.

I wish i can return to this city on a sunny day and hopefully reverse this sad experience into a cheerful optimistic one.

On the bright side, i bought my favourite souvenir here.A Ukrainian doll!Which comes with a small bag with wheat at the side and some свiточ chocolates.In the times of the USSR,свiточ  chocolates were considered premium quality.It is still based in Lvov but has been acquired by Nestle (What hasn't? ).






No comments:

Post a Comment